Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Too many questions


Is it possible to be surrounded by too many generous people? Or, in other other words...


... is it possible to be on the receiving end of too many neat things? Before this year began, I probably would've said no, but looking at my scan folders, and seeing how far behind I am in giving public thanks for the (too) many(?) packages that have been sent my way, I can't help but start to wonder if...

... I'm getting too many Griffey's? Or things like...

Should I be focusing more on Bo baseball, or Bo football? Or does he have too many cards out there for someone to even bother focusing on either, and just try to get what I can, no matter the sport?

Did I wait too many years to start collecting...

... Steve Young?

Will a day ever come when I change my mind, and start to think that the 90's produced too many inserts and parallels?

How many times is too many for a person to be blown away by a card that was made from acetate?

Wow!
And finally, is it possible for me to say thank you too many times to the person who sent me this awesome package?

In case you couldn't tell, the questions in today's post were rhetorical, well, all except for the last one, as it's not possible to thank someone too many times for sending you something -- so many thanks, again, to, Dennis, from Too Many Verlanders, for sending me this wonderful assortment of cards a couple of months back. It was clear that a lot of thought went in to this package, and I was/am very  grateful for the effort that was put forth!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

17 comments:

  1. Holy crap that Renfro is clean! Nice cards all around, especially that one and the pair of Bo. I like the UD Choice Griffey as well. Another impressive care package from Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super clean! Dennis really surprised me with that card too, as he stuck in the middle of the stack, and was just about one of the last things that I would've expected to be in there.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you. I think I've gotten more free cards these past few months than ones I've actually trade for. Generosity never seems to get quarantined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Generosity never seems to get quarantined!"... I absolutely love that!

      Delete
  3. Jon, did you know Mel Renfro was from Portland. I used to work with someone who played football with at Jefferson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, that's one of the main reasons that I decided to start collecting him, and I probably wouldn't have waited so long had I gotten interested in player collecting sooner. Pretty neat that your former co-worker can say such a thing, although these days you probably couldn't tell that story to anyone under about 30, because they'd have no idea who you were talking about.

      Delete
  4. I'm not an acetate fan but the Brown is a beaut and am always a fan of Museum. Not sure why Dennis and I haven't traded but am certain I couldn't put enough in a package to help him out. His generosity is boundless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it took over four years for Dennis and I to finally exchange some cards, so I think you've got some time.

      Delete
  5. I think if a day were to come where I thought there were way too many 90's inserts and parallels... it would have already happened. With each passing year, I seem to appreciate them more and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and now thanks to ESPN... everyone else loves them too!

      Delete
  6. I sometimes think my trading buddies have a special sense of when I'm almost caught up on trades, because every time I get oh so close, a ton of packages/PWEs seem to arrive in my mailbox, thus setting back the clock all over again. I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have the opposite "problem" going on, in that every time I do just one thank you post, I get four more PWE's -- but as you said, things certainly could be worse!

      Delete
  7. No knows these are some great cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I screwed that up. Bo knows is what I was going for there.

      Delete
    2. No worries, I consider myself an expert in the art of mistyping when leaving blog comments, so yours hardly even registered, heck, I might not have even noticed had you not brought it to my attention.

      Delete
  8. That is a great Elway parallel and that sparkly Bo is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Elway is fantastic, especially since I had just added him to my list of player collections, it's just too bad that it didn't scan better, as it's much brighter in person.

      Delete