Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Haunting!

October hasn't gone as planned here on the blog, of course it didn't do so last year either, so I shouldn't be too bummed about it, but alas, I kind of am. I had ideas, lots of ideas, none of which ended up coming to fruition... again!

Even today's post won't be what I wanted it to be, instead of a grand celebration of what's still my favorite day of the year, you get a generic salutation, accompanied by a HORRORific autograph from my collection:

Like most horror hosts, The Creeper's (also sometimes known as "Jim Sullivan") run was relatively short, lasting but a few short years during the mid 1960's. But also like most horror hosts, no matter how obscure, he will never truly be forgotten. As long as there are people, even those who did not grow up in southern California, and who were never fortunate enough to see an episode (aside from the two clips on YouTube) of Jeepers Creepers Theatre (under any of it's many hosts), there will be fans, and collectors, of all things horror host... this humble blogger being one of them :)


Happy Halloween (scare 'em dead kids!), and thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

12 comments:

  1. I grew up with Count Gregore, watching scary movies since I was probably five years old. Parental supervision was lacking. Have a spooktacular evening under the blue moon! Happy HOWLoween!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, out of Oklahoma City, he hosted a number of programs over the years. I'm not 100% certain, I believe I have a couple of magazines that feature articles, either about him, or that at least mention him in some way. And a belated Happy HOWLoween to you as well :)

      Delete
  2. You and my oldest nephew would get along great. I rarely know the horror films you're referring to, but I would suspect that he'd be impressed by this autograph (and your obscure VHS/DVD finds.). I'll have to show him your blog next time I'm in CT.

    Anyway..I hope you're able to enjoy this Halloween despite the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose anything's possible. Not all fans of horror films, even those of the older variety, are interested in horror hosts, and their history. They're their own genre, and it's one that not lot of people know of, or care about.

      Mine was okay. Hopefully you and the family were able to do something fun.

      Delete
  3. Never saw the television show, but I took a girl to see the movie. Pretty sure we left early.

    Speaking of movies and Halloween... I'm planning on watching The Raven tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show itself was just a vehicle to run old horror films, but the hosts are what made the programs stand out.

      Hopefully you were able to find some joy in it.

      Delete
  4. I grew up in L.A. but I don't recall The Creeper (maybe he was slightly before my time). I do remember Elvira--she was the only reason I'd watch a horror movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably was. And everyone remembers Elvira :)

      Delete
  5. Never have heard of it. But sounds awesome...will have to check out YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brief as they are, the two surviving clips are really great, it's just too bad that neither feature Jim Sullivan.

      Delete
  6. Not one I've heard of but I'll take look at YouTube so I know what I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I didn't really expect anyone reading this to have heard of him.

      Delete