Monday, February 8, 2021

Time to head further south

               
As of Friday morning, it was supposed to be partly sunny and fifty degrees on Sunday afternoon. Nothing had changed by Friday night. Saturday morning however was a completely different story. By then the weather people were saying that some surprise snowstorm would be arriving by Saturday night, and would continue into the wee hours of Sunday morning. Oh, and that high of 50° was now going to be dropped to a balmy 32° (it only made it to 30°). I really hate weather people!

I was really looking forward to that 50°, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I couldn't be out doing what I had planned on doing in the afternoon, but did go out and wander around a bit, took some pictures too, pictures that you're now going to be subjected to. 

Apologies in advance for my attempting to get artsy with a few of them.













I transplanted this sapling last spring, it was already having some trouble, but it looks like this storm put the final nail in it's coffin. At least as far as casualties go, it could've been much worse, usually is around here.

We've had a lot of snow this winter, this storm producing the most so far. The power was out pretty much all day too, of course that's why a generator is an absolute must around these parts, all it takes is a violent sneeze for the grid to go down. Supposedly we're going to get a few fifty degree days this week, but more snow is being predicted for later in the week, and you know something... I'm really getting tired of snow!

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Looks like we may get a dusting this week in the PNW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meaning that everything will shut down, and the local news will fire up their 24-hour storm coverage :)

      Delete
  2. Remarkably, the weather people have been correct with their snow predictions twice in a row here in my region. (I can't stand those guys, either.) Hopefully their predictions in your region next time will be incorrect in the opposite direction -- 50 degrees and no snow instead of 32 with snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been terribly off here this winter, and it's getting just about as old as
      this weather.

      Delete
  3. Great photos and pretty snow. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No snow here.

    Anyway, you won my Super Bowl contest. So pick a category or two or I'll just send you random football cards.

    https://viewfrom3rdfloor.blogspot.com/2021/02/contest-winner.html?zx=cbbe1fc59d81c663

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't expect you to be getting any snow, and if you did, the whole country would be hearing about it!

      I saw that, and made my pick, thank you again.

      Delete
  5. Definitely no snow here, but if it helps Sunday didn't hit 50 degrees on the Florida/GA line either. I think we maxed out at 48 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Jon! We actually got about 15 minutes worth of snow/slush in my neck of the woods (foothills north of Dodger Stadium) last week. But that's nothing compared to what you got. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must've caused quite the stir! I'm surprised that I didn't hear anything about a state of emergency being declared :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I think you need to take over my week In pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There only nice because I had too much time on my hands, which is what happens when my plans for the afternoon get cancelled. And no, you need to keep doing them, it gives me something to look forward to :)

      Delete
  8. Looks just like where I live...supposed to get more tomorrow afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about the cold weather, more snow, and the dying sapling... but I've gotta say... that's quite the view. Those photographs are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The view is much better when it's not covered in snow, but I did get a couple of okay pictures, and a blog post out of it, so I guess this wasn't the end of the world.

      Delete
  10. Being Canadian I can sympathize with being tired of snow. Growing up we'd often be getting it even in April or early May, which was so frustrating.

    Where I live now though we don't get any and I find myself kind of missing it, especially seeing pictures like that. Snow on trees is a beautiful sight.

    Snow on driveway less so. But still, very nice pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canadians get tired of snow? This is news to me :)

      I also didn't realize that there were parts of Japan that didn't get snow, I've always assumed that everywhere over there got it. I might have to look into your geography a little bit more one of these days.

      Delete
  11. Love the snow on the trees. We got the storm today too... third storm in the last week, and another is possible on Thursday. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know that some folks like it, as I'd hate to think it was making everyone as miserable as it's been making me. Supposedly we've got more coming this weekend, but I'm holding out hope that it'll be changed to 90° and sunny by then :)

      Delete