Thursday, October 1, 2015

Card show goodies part 3: Vintage basketball

There were a lot more sellers with vintage basketball cards then there usually is, which worked out well for me, especially since I haven't added anything to a few sets in a couple of months. It was also surprising to find a fellow with some reasonably priced tall boys, since it has been my experience that more often than not if I do find any they tend to be overpriced and often in a condition that doesn't match the price. So I will start with a couple from the 1969-70 Topps set:
 

And best of the group.
I really love this Hawk rookie. By the way if you ever get the chance I would highly recommend reading the book "Foul! The Connie Hawkins Story" by David Wolf.

On to a couple of 1974-75 Topps. I knocked about a dozen off my need list, but here are just a couple:

And being a native Portlander I had to show the only Blazer of bunch.

How about a couple of 1975-76 Topps. I took care of about a 1/3 of what I needed.
 

I really like this action shot of Artis Gilmore during a 4-1 finals win over the pacers.


And finally three 1980-81 Topps:

I bought quite a lot more basketball, but I don't know how much interest there would be in posting images of say a 1970-71 Topps Checklist or a 1974-75 Steve Mix. I will probably have three more posts coming up of show purchases.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff! If the 1970-71 Topps Checklist is unchecked, it's the second hardest card in the set to find, after the Pistol Pete rookie. I've always liked the 1974-75 set but never had a whole lot of them. I was given a bunch earlier this year but I've got at least a third of the set missing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of doubles from the 1974-75 set, if you are interested let me know what you need.

      Delete