Sunday, October 11, 2015

Random Sportlots Stuff

Even though I have a love/hate relationship with Sportlots, I still try to check out the auctions each morning. I think it's because I get tired of Ebay, especially their ridiculous fees(even when I'm buying I still think of how much the seller is going to have to pay) and some of their screwy policies. I do use COMC a lot and Webstore too, but there still isn't very many options out there. Which brings me back to Sportlots and a couple of recent purchases.

2001 SP Legendary Cuts Bats Vada Pinson:

2006 SP Legendary Cuts Materials Ken Griffey Sr. #'d 81/225
Both of these came from the same seller. I seem to be buying a lot more memorabilia cards than I used to. I really wanted the Vada Pinson card and there was almost no interest from anyone else so I got it for $1.50. I guess growing up being a Mariner's fan was the reasoning behind the Griffey, that and is seemed like nice cheap add on. The gold mirror like border doesn't make for a good pic though.

This next card was gotten a day or two later from a different seller.

2104-15 Panini National Treasures Signature Materials Walter Davis #'d 8/75

This very cool on card autograph/jersey combo ended up with shipping included going for $4.25, which was far cheaper then I thought it would be.


I wanted to end this post with the mention of former UCLA great Dave Meyers passing away. Another former cager dying way too young. He played in the NBA for a couple of years but will be most remembered from his college days, especially the 1974-75 season in which he led the Bruins to a national title. That also was John Wooden's last year as their coach(retired) and last title in his legendary career.


No comments:

Post a Comment