Monday, October 19, 2015

A menagerie of unrelated cards

I probably should give a quick explanation regarding the cards in this post.

Since moving here in March I haven't had the want to put very many cards away, whether it be in their respective binders or boxes. This is most likely due to the summer weather and the fact that when you live on 25 acres there is always something that needs to be done outside, and by the end of the day I don't feel like sorting and putting things away.

So when buying something at a show or online, my routine has followed these same 4 steps.

Step 1: Look at, and read card(s).

Step 2: Mark card(s) off checklist.

Step 3: Put card(s) in a stack.

Step 4: Watch stacks multiply and think to myself "I really should take care of these....meh! maybe tomorrow".

Probably the biggest benefit so far from starting this blog, is that it has motivated me to start going through said stacks, as they give me something to write about.

Since all of the following cards are from different sets(except the last two), and I didn't think any of them would warrant their own individual post I decided to lump them all together. So enjoy!


2013 Panini Golden age SP variation George "Spanky" McFarland #36-SP


I'm not really pursuing the short prints from the Golden Age sets all that much, but I love the picture they used for this card and if I remember right it was only $1.04 + free shipping via Ebay. Also, even though it wasn't listed as such, I think this is also one of the white bordered parallels.


1992 Action Packed 24kt Gold Lou Boudreau #7G


This came from the first show I went to after moving here. I don't remember how much it cost, but it wouldn't have been much. This was the first time I had ever seen one of the 24kt gold cards anywhere other than online.


2000 Fleer All-Star Fanfest Hank Aaron #2
 
 
 This card came from a small collection of cards that my mom bought at a sale. It was a pretty good buy, the group consisted of a couple of binders and boxes. This card required a little research on my part to figure out what it was from. A pretty neat card though.  
 
 
1962 Topps Civil War News: Destruction at Sea #10                                                                                  
     
This card was acquired from listia a couple of months ago for a surprisingly low amount of credits.
                                                                             
 
1997 Leaf Reproduction Autographs Billy Kilmer #'d 291/500                                                                                                                                                               
                          
This one was an Ebay purchase for I think around four dollars. I think I might try and collect this set,  although it might take awhile given some of the names included on the checklist.                                                                                                                    
 
2014-15 Panini Select City to City Jerseys Scottie Pippen #'d 24/199                                                                                                                                                            
 
This one came from the same seller as the previous card. If I remember it was around $3.50 . Sorry for the bad image on this one, as it is almost too shiny for it's own good.                                            
 
And finally the only two cards in this post from the same set. Both being from 1972-73 Topps set. One featuring Happy Hairston and the other Wilt (technically a Lakers championship card, but it counts as a wilt card).                                                                                                                               
 
 
These two are significant because they knock my need list down to 25. I really should be done with this set by now, but there are few cards that are proving to be rather difficult to find at an affordable price(namely the Dr. J rookie).                                                                                                               
                     
I had a few more cards for this post but my internet connection is being screwy right now, so they will have to wait for a later piece.                                                                                                                              

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment