Monday, July 16, 2018

A short post about small cards

Before I decided to start collecting minis (A&G and Golden Age), I almost never came across them in person -- and since I made the decision to collect them, I hadn't come across a single one, at least not until this most recent show... where I ended up finding a whole dozen (crazy, I know)!

The number of minis that were bought may not be too impressive, but I thought that the subject matter of some of them was, so...

Young Jon was into all things paranormal/supernatural, he believed every non-fiction book, and never doubted any story that was featured on a television show (Sightings, Unsolved Mysteries, etc.). Old Jon is extremely cynical about such things, but he still likes these cards.

I'm guessing that the reason that I still have no idea what the whole "Ginter code" thing is all about, is because I'm so late to the A&G party, although if I'm being honest... I don't really care enough to try and go read about it.

This was the first time that I had seen on of the Seven Seas inserts, pretty nifty!

Finding out that there are cards of people like St. Germain only reaffirms my decision to start working on some of these sets.

2010 seems to have been a good year for A&G inserts.

All the cards in this post were 5/$1, except for this speckled Trout, in order to land him, I had to reach into my pocket and fish out two quarters.

I even found a needed Golden Age mini, which I believe is now officially the first one that I've ever found in the wild.

Hopefully no ones getting tired of these card show posts yet, because I still have a few more to go!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

9 comments:

  1. I think I have some of those Golden Age minis for ya. I'll do some digging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about the Ginter Code many years ago and I still have absolutely no clue what it was about or how in the hell people managed to solve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, if you couldn't figure it out, I wouldn't stand a chance!

      Delete
  3. Didn't realize an Alcatraz card existed. Gonna need to add that to the Bay Area PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it would be an integral part of that collection, kind of a... rock, if you will :)

      Delete
  4. knife throwing! i must have one of these cards. how bizarre!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly something that you don't hear about as much anymore, that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. Havent see the uninvited ones before

    ReplyDelete