Sunday, June 23, 2019

Going for the gold

For reasons that have already been discussed, and for others that haven't, purchases, especially those of the card variety, have become much less frequent.

I still have two PWE's that were generously sent my way to get to, but for the most part, at least as far as cards go, I've pretty much just been relying on my weekly COMC Shuffle posts for "new" card content.

Lack of new items has made the want to blog a little more difficult. The continuing downward trend for the blogs in general hasn't helped either, it's still hard for me to believe that Twitter is so darn popular, especially with bloggers/former bloggers. I've been on there for about two years now, and I'm still not sold on it, and I certainly couldn't imagine myself ever abandoning this blog in favor of that site.

With the lack of new stuff coming in, I might have to start looking to things that are already in my possession for blog material, and maybe finally start putting some serious effort into getting the storytelling series that I've wanted to do for years now going.

With all of that being said, I did recently make one small purchase, it came exactly one month to the day after the Ernie Banks auto, albeit quite a bit less exciting than said auto.

For a whopping dollar (+ $0.75 for shipping) I was able to add yet another 2018 Classics Eric Dickerson gold Optichrome (that's Panini slang for refractor) to the collection.

I've already spoken about my love for this set, and this card, ad nauseam, so I won't bore you by rehashing any of that. I will say though, that now even after the passing of a full year has passed since the sets release, I still get warm and squishy feelings when thinking about the Legends parallels.

With this latest addition, I am now 2/3 of the way towards my goal of getting a full page of this card, although given the opportunity, I probably wouldn't stop at just one page, but being numbered to /65, I should probably just be focusing on the one-page goal, and be happy with it's completion... provided of course that the goal is able to actually be completed.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

11 comments:

  1. Keep hoarding those Dickersons! I'd love to buy a box of Panini Classics, but every time I find a brand I like, the price point seems far too high for the amount of cards you're getting (140 cards for $125? ugh..pass)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I will! Hobby boxes were around $70 when it first came out, but they've gone up considerably thanks to that ever present "rookie craze" that still hasn't died down yet.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy seeing eric Dickerson cards as a former rams fan. Look at the size of his pads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on any form of social media at all. Still haven't been convinced that I'm missing out on something significant not being on Twitter. I call Twitter "Blogging For Short Attention Spans"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really say whether or not you're missing anything, but it does appeal to an awful lot of people... I just haven't figured out why yet!

      Delete
  4. Twitter has been ok but not enthralled with it. It has it's place. For me the blogs are the real deal. Love Dickerson. Keep going - never stop. Grab them all. That set is one of my favorite as well. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to cards, nothing beats the blogs for me. I prefer to read about peoples feelings towards their cards, and why and how they got them. On Twitter, all you get is a quick "hey, this came in the mail today", and that just doesn't do anything for me.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card. Closing in on 10%. That 9-pocket page is gonna look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will too! I don't know what's changed with me, but the idea of having pages made up entirely of the same card continues to be more and more appealing.

      Delete
  6. i haven't been on twitter in months and haven't missed it like I have the blogs. twitter was "portable" and easier for me at the time.

    ReplyDelete