Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Pack Sampling: 2019-20 Panini Hoops (Dollar Tree packs)


I was at a Dollar Tree this past weekend. Saw a bunch of different sports card offerings. Wasn't interested in any of them. Still bought three packs. Regretted it right after I got done paying. I'm made up of 96% weaksauce.

I've seen a lot of people blogging/tweeting about the Absolute Memorabilia packs, I haven't been impressed. I had probably seen a bunch of this year's Hoops too, but I haven't been able to tell the Hoops sets apart since Panini started doing them, they just all kind of bleed together in my mind, meaning that even if I had seen this year's release, I'd already forgotten it. So why did I end up buying three packs of a product that I don't traditionally care for? Yeah, I don't know either!

So without further ado, let's get this JoelsHitShow going with pack #1:

From what I've been able to gather, all Dollar Tree packs now come with one exclusive yellow parallel per pack. I would imagine that the yellow rookies are the draw for all of the modern flipper/investor types out there, to me they're just a yellow version of some kid that I've never heard of, and will likely never see play, or even hear about again.

Pack #2:

This base design is boring as sin... so much white!

Pack #3:

Huzzah, a yellow "veteran"! Unfortunately I don't care about said "veteran", but at least it wasn't a rookie. I know that the NBA isn't exactly teeming with star power these days, but even so, these packs were kind of lacking when it comes to name recognition.

Well, that was fun, I'll have to be sure to not do this again some time.

Does anybody want of any of these? I've gotta see if Randy (RefsInTheBack) needs the Jeremy Lamb and Mo Bamba (Mo Bamba No. 5), but other than that, everything else is free for the taking... including the rookies!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

14 comments:

  1. Coby White has some pretty great hair. That's a plus for Pack #2.

    You got Mo Bamba #5, but did you get Angela, Pamela, Sandra, or Rita?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That hair tells me that he's never going to amount to much though.

      I wish!

      Delete
  2. I bought two of their football packs a week or so ago. One Donruss and one Panini Absolute. Nothing to write home about for me either. The Donruss pack had an 'exclusive' yellow-border card in it. I didn't know it was a Dollar Tree thing but I guess it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've went with football had they had any, but football is way more popular here, so the football cards usually sell out right after the Dollar Tree puts them out.

      Delete
  3. Too much fun is unhealthy. Keep a few on hand. Whenever you feel overly excited, rip a pack or two to slow your heart rate down but wear shades. Those white borders are blinding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I could just fold a couple of dollar bills into airplanes and throw them off of a cliff!

      Delete
  4. I like the look of these cards. Don't collect basketball at all, have no idea who half the players are, but good for them on the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure a lot of other people do as well, I'm just not one of them.

      Delete
  5. I'll take all of them. Already have Allen, Capela, Bomba and Lowry...but I owe a thank you to a Raptors fan so I will still take the Lowry if you want to send it. My local dollar tree no longer carries cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It could have been worse, maybe. At least you had some rookies show up. Emmanuel Mudiay though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe? No, it couldn't have been any worse... at least not for me!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's not a bad looking card (considering), I just don't really have any interest in him as a player.

      Delete