Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A new era?


Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I've gotten more than a few compliments over the years for this blog's title (and let's be honest, it is the best thing about this blog), which is nice, I guess, but even so, I've thought about changing it quite a few times in recent memory. The only problem is... I can't seem to come up with another catchy title.

I haven't spent a great deal of time trying to think of a new name for the blog, which as it turns out, may have been a blessing, because it would appear that a hairy little fellow from Melmac, may have already done on all of the hard work for me, and even more impressive; he did it all the way back in 1987! ALF knew! He came up with a solution to my problem decades before I even had the problem!

So what do we think, A Whisker For Your Thoughts? Has an oddly familiar ring to it, but I think I like it!

Switching titles will probably require a slight change in content though, I'm thinking that the blog's gonna need a little bit more of this...


... and little less of this...


Definitely more of this...


... meaning there'd be a lot less of this...


I'd most certainly have to start spending more time discussing things like this...


... which would drastically reduce the time spent on things like this... 


It'd be a big change, that's for sure. The question is though, would such a change be welcomed?


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

22 comments:

  1. Humor aside, you could make it a separate blog that celebrates all the great beards, mustaches, Fu Manchus, and other facial hair that players have sported on trading cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good title for such a blog, although I'd be treading into Josh, from Royals and Randoms, territory with that kind of subject matter -- he might not like me stepping on his toes :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah, you'd be at least limiting yourself to all the animal mascot teams...

    A Whiskey For Your Thoughts would attract a bigger audience, but I doubt many of them would remember what they read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A subject I'm not very knowledgeable on.

      Ha! That's a good one. I suspect that a lot of people already forget what they read here, so...

      Delete
  3. Love the current title. One of my favorites of all the blogs. Wish mine was more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good title, and even better content, certainly better than what people are used to seeing around these parts :)

      Delete
  4. Are you teasing me with thoughts of a cat-based blog? I do love them but could no longer refer to you as "My dear Pennysleeves". You'd become Mr. Whiskers, which is fine by me. I love your blog, and resist change at all costs. Your blog title and contents are clever. You could always start a second blog and give this one a little rest. It would still be here should you find the whiskers unkempt. I've always liked the word "Muttonchops." Seems like a missed opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am. Using Mr. Whiskers would probably get you into some trouble, likely of the copyright infringement variety, and we can't have that; so I guess I've gotta stay Pennysleeves for the time being, if only for your sake :)

      Delete
  5. Don’t change the title!!! You have blogging gold there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now if I could just match the level of the contents to those of the title...

      Delete
  6. Not to downplay the wisdom of ALF, but I like your current title, the compliments you receive on it are well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've thought about changing the title of my blog to something more sports card themed, but always backed off, because I'm not a fan of change. I personally would read your blog regardless of the title and content, but if I was voting for which title I liked more... I'd go with penny sleeves over whiskers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I often think that mine sounds too sports card themed, especially when I want to do non-card posts more than I want to do sports card posts. If I could handle two blogs I would, but I can barely keep up with this one, there just isn't enough time in the day for two.

      Delete
  8. The title is great, but I also love your header photo. Though maybe you can find a photo of a warehouse full of cats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be perfect, if only such a photo existed...

      Delete
  9. "A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts" is about as close to perfect for a sports card blog title as you can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is a hindrance on the days when I want to do non sports card posts, as that audience isn't going to come read a "sports card" blog, and despite what they say, I know that my sports card collecting friends don't really care about non-card posts... it's quite the conundrum!

      Delete
  10. Those are some great cards, but I am a sucker for cat memes. My daughters love the I Can Has Cheezburger books - which I bought for my aunt years ago and reclaimed once she passed away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of those books before, guess I'll have to go look them up.

      Delete
  11. I have always told you your blog has the greatest name of them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have, and I don't know if I agree with it, but I do appreciate you saying so anyway.

      Delete