Sunday, April 7, 2019

Big spender

Like a lot of folks, I recently took advantage of the $3 off eBay coupon.

Like a lot of folks, I too heard about it on the Twitter... and who says that the site isn't good for anything?

And like a lot of folks, I haven't been very card minded as of late. I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as "burnout", so much as it is that my interests have just been directed elsewhere. Because of this, I initially searched for just about anything but cards (comic books, DVD's, etc.) in my attempt to find something cheap to use the coupon on.

After my first round of searching, I couldn't find anything non-card related, at least nothing that was going to be ending during that two-day window that the coupon was good for.

Begrudgingly, I did end up looking at cards. I couldn't find any one card that was just a shade over $3, so I ended up getting three cards, thankfully the coupon was still good when buying from multiple sellers.

I am not a Jordan fan, and I'm overly fond of the 1998-99 UD Choice Starquest cards ('97-98 was much better), so why did I get this card? Uh????? I guess all I can say is that I don't already have one, and I knew that it was going to be cheap.

Unlike the last card, I was, and still am, a big fan of LJ. I'm also big fan of Prizm parallels, and even though I already have 3 or 4 of these green's, it doesn't hurt to pick up another copy.

This Chris Webber rookie isn't my third purchase, it was included with the LJ... not a bad bonus card!

Now that's a pretty card (please ignore my crooked picture)! I don't have too many of the light blue prizms from the 2015-16 set, so it's not really much of a stretch to say that this one is now the best of the bunch. Oh, and I will definitely be looking for more copies of this card.

After applying the coupon, I ended up paying .49 cents for each of these three cards, which isn't the greatest deal ever, but I would've been willing to pay the same amount had I come across them at a show, or even if I saw them on COMC, so...


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

6 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxTrVsKOVFg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had forgotten all about that song! Should have definitely added it to the post :(

      Delete
  2. I'd take it as a win. Good cards and the price was right .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the prices were pretty good, I do sort of feel like I should've tried to get something a little better though.

      Delete
  3. Chris Webber rookie card for free? Nice.

    ReplyDelete