Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Ram has landed!

About a month ago I posted the contents of a trade with uber collector extraordinaire, Greg, also known as GCA, from The Collective Mind.

That package was highlighted by a '71 Topps Johnny Unitas, as well as a '71 Jack Snow. The Johnny U was wanted because, well, because it's Johnny Unitas! The Snow on the other hand was desired by me simply because of the card's staged photo, which just so happens to be a very fun one. It was in the comments section of that post that I replied to something that Fuji had said, by mentioning that I had seen another really fun photo from that set, that being HOFer Merlin Olsen, at the last show that I had attended. That particular card was priced a little high (IMO) considering the condition that it wasn't in, so I let it go, which really wasn't a big deal as there are plenty of copies out there, I just had to keep an eye out for a more reasonably priced example.

Fast forward to last week when a very unexpected PWE showed up in my mailbox, a PWE, that to my surprise contained the very card in question:

Turns out, I don't in fact need to keep an eye out for a more reasonably priced example, as Greg obviously saw my reply, and while at one of the many shows that he's been going to, found one for me!

I really can't put into words how much I enjoy this card, the photo is just so darn great -- leave it to an actor to ham it up like that for his football card :)

Thanks again for the card, Greg! This truly was one of the more unexpected acts of generosity that I've received during my time as a blogger.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

8 comments:

  1. Merlin Olsen looks as surprised as you were. Such a great card, I'll have to take a closer look at this set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I keep finding more and more fun cards from it, I really don't want to try and take on another vintage set at this point, but this set is really tempting me.

      Delete
  2. Greg's surprised me a couple times too. I see Merlin bent in his attempt to fit within the photo frame. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he hadn't leaned over, we would've ended up with a much different card :)

      Delete
  3. Dang it. Now I want a copy of this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Greg sees this... you might just end up getting one :)

      Delete