Monday, March 18, 2019

One Random Pack: 2015 Panini Prizm football rack pack

I have about two dozen different unopened packs laying around, and I'm in desperate need for an occasional fluff post, so why not create a fluff series to showcase some of these random packs, yes? No? Well, honestly I don't really care what anyone thinks about it, I'm just gonna go ahead and do it anyway. Besides, if you don't like it, I'm only going to do one every couple of weeks, so it's not like you're going to be besieged by them or anything.

First up will be the Prizm rack pack that I got for Christmas:

If you've ever opened a Prizm rack pack before, you probably already know how they're configured, if not though, they're made up of 3 retail packs (4 cards in each pack), and 1 "bonus" pack of the red, white, and blue parallels (3 cards in that pack).

I have never opened any packs of Prizm football before, so this should be fun... no matter how it turns out.

Pack #1
This first pack wasn't too bad, I mean I'm at least familiar with three out of the four players so that's something.

Andrew Luck insert: Can he be referred to as a bust yet?

Garrett Grayson: No idea? I see that he's from Vancouver, WA though, a place that I called home for a few years. Maybe that small connection is enough to warrant a small player collection... is what I thought before checking COMC! There are currently 367 different cards of his sitting on the site, and 85 that are sold out - why does a guy who has yet to play a single down in the NFL have over 450 different cards? Oh well, no Garrett Grayson collection for me.

Von Miller: He was pretty good, but his cards are meh to me.

Warren Moon: Now were talking! He's the kind of player that I want to find when opening a pack.

Keepers: Warren Moon.


Pack #2
Well, at least the first pack wasn't too bad :)


Dorial Green-Beckham: Here's a surprise... never heard of him! He apparently got stopped a couple of months ago with 8 pounds of pot, and then decided to resist arrest, me thinks that he won't be back in the NFL anytime soon.

Tamba Hali silver prizm: Never heard of him either. He retired not too long ago, finished his career with 89.5 sacks, not bad for 12 seasons.

Randall Cobb: I remember him from his time at UK.

Julio Jones: And I remember him from his time at Alabama.

Keepers: None.

Pack #3
Finally... some color!

David Johnson: I've seen his name in print before, but that's about it.

Cordarrelle Patterson red prizm: No clue?

Lawrence Taylor: Yes!!!! But why couldn't he be the red prizm?

Torrey Smith: Nope?

Keepers: LT.


RW&B pack
Could've been better.

Denzel Perryman: I have ever mentioned how much I dislike modern rookie cards?

T.Y. Hilton: Decent player, but today's receivers bore me, things have been made too easy for them.

Matt Forte: Saw him play quite a bit, he was fun to watch early on in his career.

Keepers: Matt Forte

Overall it certainly wasn't the best rack pack ever, but it was still fun to open, especially since it'll probably be the only one from the 2015 set that I ever get to open. And as you may have noticed, there aren't too many keepers, so if anyone sees something that tickles there nether regions, don't be shy about speaking up.

On a completely unrelated note:

The first sign of Spring was seen here this past Friday, taking the form of this 2 foot long (and some change) juvenile black rat snake, who came out to soak up some sun (saw him/her in almost the exact same spot again yesterday). This is a very good sign, as the warm weather can't get here soon enough, at least in my opinion that is!


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

14 comments:

  1. I can tell you don't play Fantasy Football. :-)
    If you'd be willing to put the David Johnson aside for me, I'd enjoy that one. He is a very-minor PC of mine that I pick up here and there when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it that obvious? I did try the fantasy basketball a couple of years ago, but it didn't take too long for me to realize that fantasy sports just aren't for me.

      Of course I'll save that card for you, I guess it's a good thing that I'm behind schedule as far as mailing out your package goes, now I can add one more to it.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to see you were able to grab one of these rack packs (from Blowout I assume?) I bought the last two in stock; if they had 12 I would have bought 12. Bummer you didn't get more cards that fit your collection. I love the Helmet die-cuts but I already have the Luck. I could use the Cobb though, if you want to add it to my stack. Yours is almost complete and should be shipped by Friday.

    Looking forward to the next "Random Pack" post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Blowout. I put the post together so fast that I obviously forgot to mention that this was one of those $3.95 clearance packs at Walmart that my mom found. And there aren't a ton of retired players in the 2015 set, so I really wasn't expecting too much (a neat colored prizm would have been nice though). The Cobb will be added to your stuff, hopefully I can start moving a little quicker so that you'll actually see your stuff one of these days :)

      Delete
  3. Luck had a phenomenal year last season. Nice card as is Moon's. Julio is a stud and L.T. was a man among men. Not bad overall. I don't appreciate Prism like most collectors but still a decent pull.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I did not know that, but he's still had a few bad one's too.

      Delete
  4. That Warren Moon is awesome. I love those uniforms. Thanks for sharing...I wish our local section of cards went on sale occasionally. We have stuff from 2015 lying around and the endcap keeps getting more and more stuffed since the old stuff doesn't clear out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do they do card sections the same way in Germany?

      Delete
  5. Not a bad break but I don't like snakes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people don't. I'm still trying to get used to the bigger ones, but the rat snakes are very good to have around, they take care of a lot of the things that like to try and get into the house (mice, rats, voles, etc.).

      Delete
  6. 452 cards of a guy who hasn't taken a regular season snap??

    This is the hobby we have today powered by the rookie hype machine instead of the true star power of established players. LT, Von Miller, Andrew Luck, Julio Jones, etc. should outdistance anything with the "RC" symbol by miles as far as value, but they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I completely agree, cards of current stars (those that produce numbers/wins) and retired stars should be more valued by collector's, but instead those cards are usually the first one's to be dumped into dime boxes.

      Delete
  7. Tamba Hali sounds like an African Tribal Greeting. If it isn't, it should be. And since when is a two-foot long snake a juvenile?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, since the black rat snakes can grow up to six feet, a two-footer would still be fairly young, hence referring to it as a juvenile :)

    ReplyDelete