Friday, May 10, 2019

COMC Shuffle #10

Another week, another ten randomly selected cards from last year's COMC hoard:

2013 Panini Father's Day Cracked Ice #38
If you read Wednesday's post, than you already know that I completed my Chris Kreider Progressions rainbow, but I also, somewhat unnecessarily, went ahead and got the base and cracked ice versions as well. Supposedly there's a sticker autograph version as well, which I have yet to see, but even if I did come across one, I don't know if I would get it or not... I really don't like sticker autographs!

1971 Topps #12
Johnny was gotten for the little Telstar project that I've got going, which is basically just a collection of the four guys (JC, George Altman, Cal Koonce, and Tony Taylor) who were shown during the live look-in of the Cubs/Phillies game at the beginning of the1962 Telstar broadcast.

1999 Upper Deck HoloGrFX AuSOME #AU45
I'm very partial to the AuSOME parallels on the basketball side, but I'm not gonna turn my nose up at a crazy cheap version from HoloGrFX's football set either. And is it just me, or does it seem like Kordell Stewart has an insane amount of cards out there?

2013-14 Panini Prizm Red,White, & Blue Mosaic Prizms #234
I love that Panini decided to include Shawn Kemp into a couple years worth of their Prizm sets, but with the exception of his 2015 card, they sure chose some boring photos of a guy who was, at least at one time, one of the most electrifying player's on the court.

1999-00 Topps Stadium Club 3x3 Luminous #3x3/4B
 Ah, Triumvirate's... how I miss you so.

1933 Goudey #143
Glenn was a member of the 1925 world champion Pittsburgh Pirates team (he was also the last surviving member of said Pittsburgh Pirates team). Considered to be one of the elite shortstops of his generation, at least until he suffered a shoulder injury in 1929, which would ultimately lead to a shortened career. He finished his 11-year career with a .294 Ba, 1219 hits, 723 RBI's, and 94 HR's.


2014-15 Panini Prizm Yellow and Red Mosaic Prizms #154
Here's a question, will anyone ever knock John Stockton out of his top spot on either the all-time assists, or all-time steals, leaderboard? No need to answer, it was rhetorical, because the answer is no, no one ever will!

2013 Panini Black Friday Score Hot Rookies Progressions - Black #4
I won't be trying to complete MCW's rainbow, but I couldn't pass up yet another /5 card for less than a buck! It's amazing how quick he ended up dropping off of the radar... yet another example of someone falling victim to too much hype.

P.S. If anyone's interested, you can read all about my minor obsession with Progressions in Wednesday's post.

2014-15 Panini Prizm Red, White, and Blue Pulsar Prizms #28
Some Blazers fans are still harboring ill-will towards LaMarcus for leaving a couple of years ago, I am not one of them. I never did begrudge for wanting to leave, he felt slighted, and wasn't happy, it's kind of hard for me to hate someone for that. Besides, he at least went to a team that he thought would have a better chance of winning, I may have been a little annoyed if he had chose money over winning and signed a big contract with someone like the Knicks, but he didn't, so I wasn't. Do I wish that he would've stayed? Certainly. Do I think that he made the wrong decision? I do (and from what I've read recently, I think he now realizes it as well). That being said, I hope he continues to have success no matter where he plays, unless it's for the Lakers, then he'd be dead to me :)

1990 Score #697
I had thought briefly about adding the Bo b/w to the list of the couple of cards that I'm trying to get as many copies of as I can, but after doing some brief looking around, I saw that there's already a couple of other people out there who are already doing so. Since I'm not looking to compete with anyone, and I'm certainly not wanting to pay a premium in order to do so, I decided to not join the ranks of the other Bo b/w super hoarder's. I'm not known for making smart decisions, but I do think that this was one of the better card decisions that I've made in recent years.

So there you go, another week of Shuffling is in the books. If you're enjoying what you're seeing, be sure to tune in next week around this same time for the next "exciting" installment of COMC Shuffle.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

12 comments:

  1. Love your posts with all the SHINY stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know, especially since most of these posts have had, and will continue to have, plenty of shiny cards in them.

      Delete
  2. That Bo card is an absolute classic and I agree with you about Kemp being an electric player.

    It's so funny you showed off a Glenn Wright card. I have a post in the works to discuss him and the 1925 Pirates team next week. It's true what they say about great minds....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your post. I'm sure that your write-up of Glenn will be better than what I did here, I was a bit pressed for time, so I didn't give him all of the kudos that he deserves.

      Delete
  3. Callison and Wright, both great adds! I love shiny too, particularly RW&B mojos! i wanna see where you keep all these cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reorganizing for what seems like forever now, but most of my stuff is in binders, might have to show some of them once the sorting has been completed.

      Delete
  4. Not familiar with Mr. Wright, but his 1933 Goudey is beautiful! I remember seeing a 9-pocket page of that B&W Bo somewhere... maybe on a blog... maybe in a binder at the flea market... either way... it looked pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though there isn't very many of them, I really like the horizontal Goudey's. And I'm to the point now where a full page of just about anything is appealing to me, anything that's the same that is.

      Delete
  5. Great additions once again! (even though not enough 90's for me haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'll give the shuffle button a good talking to :)

      Delete
  6. I wonder how many of those Bo card the supreme collector has? Such an iconic card....can’t believe it isn’t worth a lot more or there is a higher demand for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seems to be multiple people who are super collecting that card, and I would imagine that if they've been doing so for a while, they would each probably have quite a few.

      Delete