Thursday, September 26, 2019

COMC Shuffle #28

Another week, another ten randomly selected cards from last year's COMC Hoard!

1997-98 Upper Deck Teammates #T59
I don't look for MJ inserts very often, and almost never on COMC, but at some point last year I happened upon this one from seller who was looking like they were trying to get out of the COMC game. For around $3, I figured why not? I used to see cards from this set in dime boxes on a fairly regular basis, nowadays I only ever come across Shaq's card (#T25), so I've got like 5 or 6 copies of that one, and maybe 5 or 6 individual cards from the set.

1999-00 Upper Deck HoloGrFX NBA 24/7 AuSOME #N14AU
Know matter how long I live, I will never be able to own enough of the AuSOME parallels, especially those of the 24/7 variety.

2013 Panini Black Friday Panini Collection #20
Panini seemed to have had a brief infatuation with DJ Kool a few years back, it didn't last very long though, I think Biz Markie unintentionally ended up stealing his thunder.

1968 Topps #327
One for the "Telstar four" collection. Also, did Tony Taylor ever age? Judging by his cards, I'd say no... must've stayed away from those cigars that his country his so famous for.

2014-15 Panini Prizm Yellow and Red Mosaic Prizms #28 (x2)
Twin towers?

1999-00 Skybox NBA Hoops Decade Draft Day Dominance #8 DD
Like MJ, I don't look for Kobe inserts very often, but I love me some Hoops Decade, and can't get enough of it's inserts (even the one's that scan poorly), so yeah, Kobe!

2013 Panini Cooperstown Collection Green Crystal Shard #96
The bad thing about deciding not to finish a set that you're pretty far along on, is that you end up having a lot of unwanted cards (like this one), and no idea what to do with them. I did pull out half a dozen or so, but still have a rather large pile to deal with.

2014-15 Panini Prizm Yellow and Red Mosaic Prizms #183
I didn't think it would ever happen, but I've actually to regret a few of my Prizm purchases. I'm just not feeling some of the color combinations anymore, Karl here is a perfect example of that, purple doesn't exactly mesh with red, white, and yellow so well. After going through my current COMC holdings, I found a few more that I'm no longer overly fond of as well, and those have been put back up for sale -- one of which, sold almost immediately right after I relisted it, even made a ten-cent profit on it!

1962 Topps Mars Attacks! #35
I absolutely love the original Mars Attacks! set, but that doesn't make me immune to the fact that most of it's story, and imagery, were pieced together from - or inspired by - other works. This card is really fantastic, but it was clearly inspired by Them!, which is okay, because Them! is awesome, but still... a little bit more originality would've been nice.

2013 Panini Father's Day Progressions - yellow #38
It fitting that the randomizer would choose this card to finish off today's post, as it just so happens to be the final piece of my Chris Kreider Progressions rainbow.

In case you hadn't noticed, today's post isn't so great writing wise, my apologies for that, but this Saturday is one of the bi-annual super mega card shows, and I've been busy trying to align the stars, so that I might be able to go -- which has really taken me out of blog mode, hence this hastily thrown together offering.


Thanks for taking a moment to look at my page.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I'll ever get sick of those crystal shard parallels from Panini Cooperstown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite fetching! I don't think I'll ever get tired of them either, I'm just tired of trying to collect the sets.

      Delete
  2. There was a time when I actively collected MJ and Kobe... but these days prices for their 90's stuff is just way too expensive. On the bright side, I'll never have trouble selling my collection if I ever had to. I have two friends who ask me at least once a month if I'm ready to sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The prices on 90's Jordan inserts are bonkers these days, and they'll most likely continue to keep escalating. And maybe it's just me, but even if it was good natured, I don't think I'd like being asked every month if I was ready to sell something.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is kind of cool, although if the price had been any higher I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

      Delete